CWNY – Office Assistant Job Description/Part Time
The Center for the Women of New York (CWNY) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the equality, advancement, and well-being of women. The mission of CWNY is to support and advocate for women who face financial, housing, food insecurity, health, violence, social, emotional, or legal problems by understanding their needs and connecting them with the CWNY services and city resources they need to overcome their challenges.
CWNY is seeking to hire a part-time Office Assistant who will report directly to the Executive Director. While afforded significant discretion, this assistant must work diligently, and with a high degree of attention to detail, to undertake a variety of office-support and outreach tasks.
- Work closely with the Executive Director on programmatic and operational tasks
- Serve as first point of contact for program participants
- Answer incoming calls and respond to voice messages
- Explore and implement new methods for increasing team efficiency and effectiveness
- Record and maintain accurate information about CWNY programs and operations
- Schedule appointments and manage CWNY’s operational calendars
- Assist with planning CWNY events
- Assist in the organization and preparation of meetings
- Help compile documents needed for grant submissions
- Assist with onboarding process for independent contractors
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers, matching them to roles and tasks based on their skills and strengths and CWNY’s needs
- Welcome and engage with new volunteers and program participants
- Nurture relationships with trained and seasoned volunteers
- Log volunteer service hours and prepare acknowledgement letters
- Develop and build relationships with vendors who provide goods and services for CWNY events
- Prepare correspondence as requested by the Executive Director
Skills and qualifications:
- Proficiency in Google Workspace software, including Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- High proficiency in English language skills, including verbal and written business communication
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Location: In person between our Fort Totten and Queens Borough Hall Offices
Supervisor: Executive Director
Compensation: $22-$24 per hour
Schedule: 16-20 hours per week
How to Apply: Position is available for immediate hire. Applicants are encouraged to apply on or before November 15, 2023. Email a detailed cover letter, a resume, and three (3) references to [email protected] with “Office Assistant” included in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CWNY is an equal-opportunity employer.